Monday, February 20, 2012

What do you think of the name Argus?

The Greek mythological origin is cool, but I don't think it has a very appealing sound in modern English. It's too close to "arg!" which people say when hurt or frustrated, as well as childish mocking terms like dorkus, fartacus, etc. I think a boy named Argus is apt to be teased when he goes to school, and it's not likely to help when he explains that he's named after a dude who (IIRC) got turned into a peacock for failing to adequately watch a god's mistress whom his wife had turned into a cow.What do you think of the name Argus?
its hard on the tongue, sounds kind of evil in some way.
sounds like a dwarf warrior nameWhat do you think of the name Argus?
I don't like it
I don't like it.What do you think of the name Argus?
I don't like it. Angus is better
mm .. i don't really like it.
Looks too much like anus
For a big, fat gray %26amp; black tomcat, that would be cool.
Sounds like a great name sounds tough I wish i had a name like that
I really don't like it
Sounds medieval :P
i hate it.... its sounds like a name they'd call a hamburger from harveys or something
Please don't name your child argus
Uh, no. Bad name. Try Angus.
I think it sounds very rugged and rough. I would prefer Angus.



Being a huge Harry Potter fan, I automatically think of Argus Filch, the nasty caretaker at Hogwarts.
It's unappealing. If you're into rough names, though, try Dimitri, Grant, Desmond, Richard, Andriy or Vyacheslav, if you're russian.

No comments:

Post a Comment