Monday, January 30, 2012

If I eat healthy foods and exercise, can I reverse damage from a poor diet?

32 year old male. This year I changed my diet to a Vegetarian/Mediterranean diet and I run 5 or 6 days per week for cardio and work out. I ate a very poor diet, fast food and such, for most of my life. Will changing my diet as I have reverse any damage I probably did to my body by eating poorly and not working out? If yes, how long does something like that take?If I eat healthy foods and exercise, can I reverse damage from a poor diet?
It could've been worse. On a scale of 1 - 100%, maybe something like 40-50%. If you are serious about this new lifestyle change, then you will be able to reverse almost all of that.

Remember your body has been eating chemicals that 'like fat'. Chickens are injected with hormones to gain fat, and eating alot of KFC will pass on those hormones, build up and make you absorb fat. However this is completely reversible.

Also, did you know eating more sugar damages the part of the brain which tells you when to stop eating / you're eating bad food? This is probably irreversible, but alot of it is down to habit and training yourself to not eat bad food, instead of relying on your body to tell you you've been eating bad food.

Seriously permanant damage that is like... 80%-90% is anorexia and bulimia. They're worse off because their bodies will never be able to exit that 'starvation mode' and they will gain weight, etc etc.


Congrats though on the lifestyle change - you had a lifetime of eating fastfood. You need to spend the rest of your life fixing that, because this body has got to last you for the rest of your life!

:)


I forgot to mention:
You will probably be able to lose weight pretty fast during the first year. However internally it will take probably more like 5 years to get a body that will work for you (ie, you can relax and it won't return to its previous condition)

USE IT OR LOSE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment