Friday, January 27, 2012

I follow an (almost vegetarian) mediterranean diet. Is it a good idea to stop consuming milk and its products?

After all, vegans often claim that there are lots of hormones and things like that in Milk.



Also, how can I make sure that I'm getting all the nutrients I need?I follow an (almost vegetarian) mediterranean diet. Is it a good idea to stop consuming milk and its products?
I also follow a (very nearly) vegetarin diet and have almost completely stopped eating dairy products and have found it beneficial for me (I'm self-diagnosted lactose intolerant). If you have Silk (brand) soy milk available I highly recommend giving it a try. It is organic, tastes great, has good shelf life and can even be mixed with hot beverages (like coffee) unlike most other soy milks (that's why Starbucks now has it available). It is also fortified with vitamin D and is a great source of protein without the animal fat.



Yes, milk is said to contain hormones which have been blamed for girls starting their periods earlier etc. I personally think that the future is soy milk!I follow an (almost vegetarian) mediterranean diet. Is it a good idea to stop consuming milk and its products?
I buy organic milk from Whole Foods. No hormones and chemicals there. I prefer to eat all-natural foods and do the mediterrean style of diet. I think the key to dairy products is good quality and moderation. (I am however, allergic to soy...so there's that)

Report Abuse

I follow an (almost vegetarian) mediterranean diet. Is it a good idea to stop consuming milk and its products?
if you substitute your daily need of dairy go aheadI follow an (almost vegetarian) mediterranean diet. Is it a good idea to stop consuming milk and its products?
You don't need to stop eating or drinking dairy products . Haven't you seen the milk comercials it says that women that drink milk lose more weight then women who don't. Plus it gives you strong bones!
You can certainly get enough calicium and vitamin D without dairy.



http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/calcium.htm



http://www.vegansociety.com/html/food/nu鈥?/a>



A few benefits to stopping dairy? No hormones in non-dairy goodies, no cholesterol, and it came to you 100% dairy free.



http://www.notmilk.com/



My favorite non dairy treats include Silk Soy Milk (especially Chai flavor), Follow Your Heart Cheese, Silk Soy Yogurt (any flavor), Toffuti Cream Cheese, and Purely Decadent Dairy Free Ice Cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment