Monday, January 30, 2012

Mediterranean diet?

Ok so my doctor advised me to avoid carbs in my diet and avoid sugar as much as I can, so he told me to try the mediterranean diet, but I'm always on the go. This is what I have to avoid: no potatoes, no bread which includes pita bread, gryos, wheat bread...you name it), no pasta, no sweets, I dont eat pork, and I dont like beef (except for ground beef). Breakfast is the hardest for me because everything basically is starchy: bagels, egg sandwiches, muffins, cereals, flavored yogurts, fruits....I want to pack lunch which is easy, but breakfast, you cant pack cold eggs! yuck! What the heck do I eat, just salads w/ feta cheese, and chicken all the time. This is frustrating. Breakfast hits me the hardest really, because I'm used to getting a filling breakfast and coffee. Now I have to drink green tea, and have cottage cheese, thats not going to stick to me for hours, I'm not overweight, I eat everything in moderation, I just want to maintain my weight because I'm a petite personMediterranean diet?
Both of my parents are from Spain and we eat whole grains and potatoes etc. I think it's what carbs that are eaten and the combination of foods. Here's 2 links that have a lot of recipes for healthy eating. Good luck.



http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/fitness/c鈥?/a>



http://www.shape.com/tools/finder/Mediterranean diet?
Everybody Block Mark S.
  • applebees
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment